*Free wake on LAN (WoL), remote reboot, or remote shutdown functionality for LOTS of computers, simultaneously, with just a few clicks
*Monitor status in real-time with integrated pinging
Wake On LAN X is simply the best free wake on LAN (WoL), free remote reboot, and free remote shutdown tool available. Load a list of computers, highlight some or all of them, and then initiate the action of your choice.
*Best of all, Wake On LAN X is FREE!
- Reboot or shutdown LOTS of remote hosts, simultaneously, while monitoring status in real-time with integrated pinging
- Wake on LAN
- No remote agent installation required! Simply launch WakeOnLANx and start waking, rebooting, and shutting down.
- Integrated task scheduler: Launch any task on a specific date and time
- Retrieve the last boot time from remote hosts (very handy when rebooting computers)
- Retrieve the list of services that are set to “Automatic” but not currently running on the remote hosts (diagnose bootup issues)
- Retrieve the MAC address from remote hosts (required for Wake On LAN) – instructions for importing MAC addresses into the WakeOnLANx grid
How it works
Wake On LAN X was designed to be simple and intuitive. No installation necessary– just launch the EXE and you’re ready to go! You start by loading a list of computer names, IP addresses or MAC addresses (MACs are required for Wake on LAN). Then highlight one, some, or all rows in the grid to perform actions on just the selected hosts. Either right click on the currently selected rows or use the Actions menu to select an action to perform. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
- In order to use Wake On LAN X, you must have the .NET Framework 4.0 or later installed on the computer you’re running it from.
If you save the state of a Wake On LAN X grid with passwords stored in it, they will be obfuscated in the .wlx state file. You should not share a .wlx file containing passwords with someone who shouldn’t know those passwords.